Whether you’re a Scout Leader or a Scout, thank you for visiting!
Guide Dogs is proud to be a partner in A Million Hands. If you have already chosen Disability as the issue you’re going to look at as part of the Community Impact badge, then a big thank you, we’re delighted! If you haven’t chosen yet, please do encourage your group to choose Disability.
As part of A Million Hands initiative, Guide Dogs is asking Scouts of all ages to help us to make our streets safer.
Getting involved and making a difference is easy. All you need to do is:
- Download your ‘A Million Hands in your Hands’ Disability pack from www.amillionhands.org.uk
- Start to understand the issue by requesting a speaker from Guide Dogs
- Do the A to B activity in your pack and talk through the Safer Streets resources, downloadable from this page
- Understand the issues for people with sight loss in your community by playing a game of Street Clutter Bingo – you can also find a bingo card to download on this page
- Hold a Safer Street Party to share your findings with your guests, and raise a few quid for Guide Dogs by selling some cakes. An organising guide, posters and invites are all also available as downloads on this page
- We’ll send a gorgeous Guide Dogs mascot to the first 100 Groups to email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you did and how your Safer Street Party went. Don’t forget to attach a photo!
Resources and downloads
- (STREET CLUTTER BINGO SHEET 75Kb)
- (STREETS AHEAD PARTY ORGANISING GUIDE 335Kb)
- SAFER-STREET-PARTY-TEMPLATE-PRESS-RELEASE (DOC 411Kb)
- (SAFER STREET PARTY GUIDE 2683Kb)
- (TOP 10 ITEMS OF STREET CLUTTER POSTER 139Kb)
- (SAFER STREET PARTY INVITES 1113Kb)
- (STREETS AHEAD TOOLKIT 2615Kb)
- (SAFER STREET PARTY FLYER 400Kb)
- (STREETS AHEAD TOOLKIT - ACCESSIBLE VERSION 41Kb)