Puppy helper experience
Guide Dogs has a Puppy Helper Experience at the National Breeding Centre near Leamington Spa. The half day experience allows visitors to get hands-on with activities including:
- Meeting and helping us to socialise some of our puppies
- Touring our puppy facilities and learning about their journey
- Feeding a litter of puppies (when possible)
- Learning about how we train our guide dogs
- Experiencing a blindfold walk
- Meet a guide dog owner, subject to availability
- Taking a behind the scenes tour of the centre
- Sensory Tunnel experience
- Photo opportunities
Puppy Helper Experience group sizes will be limited to a maximum of 6 people. The experience can be bought as a celebratory gift, work incentive, or for educational reasons. Visitors will receive a certificate and gift at the end of the session to go with some great memories of these very special dogs.
The great interaction and time we were given to play and feed the pups was lovely. The staff were extremely informative and friendly.
Thank you so much for making this a special day.
Prices and useful information
- The sessions last 3 hours
- Morning sessions are 10am - 1pm, and afternoon sessions are 1.30pm - 4.30pm
- The cost is £100 for 1 place, £190 for 2, £270 for 3, £340 for 4, £400 for 5, £450 for all 6
- The are 75 sessions through the year, which are all on Monday mornings, Wednesday afternoons, and Friday afternoons
- There is a lower age limit of 5 years old for the Puppy Helper Experience
Booking: We have sold all of our places for 2018. Should any cancellation places become available we will advertise them on our Facebook page
Places for 2019 will be advertised here and on our Facebook page towards the end of 2018.