- You won't have to pay any capital gains tax on the shares you donate and you can claim income tax relief too
- If you are a higher rate (40%) taxpayer you will be able to claim income tax relief equal to 40% of the value of the gift
- If you are a highest rate (50%) taxpayer you will be able to claim income tax relief equal to 50% of the value of the gift
In order to qualify for the tax relief, the shares or securities must fit one of the following:
- Listed or dealt on a recognised UK or foreign stock exchange
- Units in authorised unit trusts
- Shares in a UK open-ended investment company
- Holdings in certain foreign collective investment schemes
Guide Dogs is unable to offer advice on personal tax issues. So if you are unsure of your tax situation, we recommend that you speak to a financial advisor or contact the HM Revenue & Customs helpline on 0845 900 0444, or visit their website.
For further information please contact Alison Parker: 0118 983 8737
Alternatively please contact Sarah Wall on 0118 983 8494.