NFU Mutual - charity of the year partner
NFU Mutual – our journey
In December 2014, NFU Mutual staff voted for Guide Dogs to become their Charity of the Year partner for 2015. Launching the partnership in the new year with Roadshows across the country and talks reaching their large workforce, fundraising got to a great start with help from our volunteer puppy walkers and guide dog owners sharing their inspiring stories.
Due to the success of the partnership, we were chosen as their 2016 partner as well! Thank you NFU Mutual.
So far, NFU Mutual have:
- Raised over £200,000! Enough to support the lifetime costs of four guide dog puppies, or the equivalent of supporting 960,000 hours of freedom and independence for someone living with sight loss.
- Got their fundraising off to a flying start with 40 employees completing a skydive.
- Became official Guinness World Record Breakers, achieving the title of ‘Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Dogs’.
- Taken part in the 2015 and 2016 Guide Dogs' Coniston Adventure Team Challenge with 16 teams of six people raising £34,000 in the first year and 19 teams entered this year raising a whopping £42,000!
- Set up a lifetime sponsorship for guide dog Burman, named after Madeley Burman, one of the seven Stratford farmers who founded NFU Mutual. Burman regularly attends NFU Mutual’s fundraising events and has even met descendants of the Burman family.
- Fundraised to name and sponsor 20 puppies in their first year of training who are all on their journey to becoming future life-changers.
- Organised a corporate Golf day with us for their suppliers, culminating in a champagne reception and meal.